1837 The first lifeboat was bought with help from the Institution and was managed by the Harbour authorities.
1853 The station was taken over by the RNLI.
1858 A new boathouse was built for the lifeboat and carriage.
1862 The lifeboat capsized on exercise and tragically one crew member died.
1863 A Silver Medal was awarded to Mr David Williams of HM Customs for assisting with the rescue of the crew of the brigantine Friends.
1886 A new boathouse with boundary walls and entrance gate was built at the eastern end of the town.
1898 Crew Member John Price lost his life while trying to save others in a boating accident.
1903 A slipway was built from the road to the beach, allowing the lifeboat to launch into the River Dovey.
1931 The lifeboat station closed.
1963 An inshore lifeboat station was established in November with a D class lifeboat.
1972 A Framed Letter of Thanks was presented to Mr Ellis Williams who had been a crew member from 1920 until 1931 and had also carried out many rescues in his own boat.
1974 The D class lifeboat was withdrawn and replaced by an Atlantic 21 B class lifeboat.
A Bronze Medal was awarded to Crew Member David Williams for the rescue of three children. The lifeboat had launched to assist a man who had fallen overboard from the cabin cruiser Lady Jane and he was found clinging to a lifejacket and suffering from exposure. He informed the lifeboat crew that three children were still aboard the cruiser. Shortly after, wreckage was sighted and one child was seen on a sandbank and two children were in the water. The lifeboat could not reach them in the shallow water so David Williams swam to the children and, with the help of another crew member, brought them ashore through heavy surf at great personal risk. Helmsman Anthony Mills and Crew Member Andrew Coghill were awarded Thanks of the Institution Inscribed on Vellum.
The eldest child, Jayne Edmunds, was awarded an inscribed wrist watch in recognition of her actions; she threw a lifejacket to her father when he fell overboard, fired distress flares, told her friends to put on lifejackets and, when the Lady Jane was wrecked, supported one of them in the water.
1984 A Vellum was awarded to the station to commemorate 116 years of service covering the periods 1837–1931 and 1963–1984.
1991 A new boathouse was built providing housing for the Atlantic 21 and launching tractor, a souvenir sales outlet, and crew facilities.
1995 A crew room, galley and store were built on a new first floor of the boathouse.
1998 The Atlantic 75, B-758 Sandwell Lifeline, was placed on service.
Framed Letter of Thanks 1
Thanks of the Institution Inscribed on Vellum 2
Bronze Medal 1
Silver Medal 1